SailNet Community - View Single Post - Marine handheld small enough to fit in life jacket?
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013

tommays will become famous soon enough
Re: Marine handheld small enough to fit in life jacket?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkSF View Post
I bought a Standard Horizon HX851 handheld VHF, with GPS and DSC, but it has one problem I didn't anticipate - it's a bit too bulky to wear when I'm single-handing and moving around on deck so I don't tend to wear it.

An alternative idea would be to get a really small handheld, that would fit on my belt without getting in the way (or inside the life jacket). It wouldn't have GPS and DSC, but it'd be better than nothing...

Any thoughts?

I have it and use the belt clip when i am single handed and have gotten use to it

After taking Safety at Sea during the communication module which was done by a CG helicopter pilot

His fastest rescues even IF a ERIB got him there went down with this type of radio as there are still big issues with finding you in that about there zone in the dark and bigger seas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1981 J24 Tangent 2930
Tommays
Northport NY

If a dirty bottom slows you down what do you think it does to your boat
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by tommays; 04-23-2013 at 06:51 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook