SailNet Community - View Single Post - Politics and Moderation
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: Politics and Moderation

Its one of life's irreconcilable disagreements, to have or not to have OT. I had a couple of discussions in there years ago, but its clearly for those that find those issues to be sport, not open minded discussion. The really clash isn't between two opposing views that find it to be sport to disagree, its between one that finds it to be sport and another that is trying to be rational. Boom.

I have a member on my ignore list that posted a factually incorrect statement that I challenged until they eventually admitted it was wrong. However, in their admission they wanted to continue the argument over something else and I refused to engage beyond the point I wanted to clarify. They went apoplectic when I wouldn't continue the fight. It was sport. I avoid OT like the plague now.

There is no doubt that it spills over into the sailing threads. Occasionally, someone will post a scathing retort to an actual sailing topic and suggest all kinds of stubborness, etc, that isn't in the thread. It had to come from previous sword fighting elsewhere.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.