SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013
grumpy old man

bobperry will become famous soon enough
Re: Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat

JonB:
A bulb is never going to work well as an endplate. It just doesn't have the aspect ratio to do the job. You "mushroom" out the bottom of the hull to lower the VCG ,as you said, and to also maximize the span of the fin. If you had a flat top to the bulb I think you would create a huge tip vortex with those sharp corners.

I've ben very busy these last two weeks with my PSC 60'er project so Jeff and I have been communicating but my contribitions have been pretty abbreviated.

I want to see beam addded. I want to see a good deal of deadrise taken out of the transom and amidships. I'd like to see less of the cods head/mackeral tail look to the plan view. These changes will give us an entirely different boat.

But Jeff has been working hard not to obliterate the original character of the design. We'd like Wolf to recognize the boat when we are done mucking around with it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bob's Blog ....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please also visit my new web site
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook