SailNet Community - View Single Post - Why are the Ladies silent on Sailnet?
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013

sailor wench is on a distinguished road
Re: Why are the Ladies silent on Sailnet?

After my post Diane had asked how long I had been sailing, where I am, etc. I'm currently in Annapolis, MD, having just returned from Ft. Myers (on the West Coast of Florida) via the Florida Keys (stopping @ Marathon and in Key Largo). I came up the East Coast, partially on the ICW and partially using the Gulf Stream to make some time coming North. I'm a "snow bird", traveling South in the Winter and North in the Summer. I've been a full time live aboard for going on 3 years plus now. Prior to that, I did some coastal cruising, mostly along the Outer Banks of N.C., for about a year or so. Before that, I sailed on a large lake close to where I'm from for about a year or so. So, all together, I've been sailing about 5 to 6 years. I decided to become a live aboard after spending time on the lake and sailing around the Outer banks. I would really enjoy meeting other live aboards in the Annapolis area. I'll be here until around early Sewptember when I'll begin my treck South again. I plan to go to the Bahamas this fall, jumping off from the Lake Worth area. Thanks to all of you that posted encouraging and positive remarks. They are greatly appreciated!

"A pessimist complains about the wind. An optomist hopes the wind will change. A leader adjusts the sails"
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook