SailNet Community - View Single Post - Clothing optional sailing
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013
Jimmy Buffett 4 Prez 2016

TerralTheSeeker is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to TerralTheSeeker
Re: Clothing optional sailing

Two weeks ago I was out on Pensacola Bay and, unexpectedly, it became ungodly hot as the wind died down. I was the only craft out there, and because I'd worn jeans and a long-sleeve in expectation of a chill, was unprepared for the heat. Indeed, I started to strip down, and would have gone full Africa if I'd not been so paranoid that the motor-boaters would pull their usual act of blazing a path right to me just so they can be seen in their toy.

So, sure enough as I'm sitting there in my skivvies cranking the Buffett tunes, every 30 minutes or so an engine-head would come clear across entire square miles of open, unoccupied bay just to make sure they pass as close as possible to me so I could enjoy the gift of their rough wake.

The look on one lady's face as she gawked down from the pilothouse of a 45ft yacht was priceless, and made it abundantly clear that it would not have been a good social strategy to go full Africa that day.

It is coming soon, though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Please Help - Boatless War Vet
Will Grind For Beer
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook