SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013
grumpy old man

bobperry will become famous soon enough
Re: Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat

Wolf:
If you went to a ketch rig you would almost certainly more the center of pressure aft not forward. I'm not proposing a ketch at all. I like the rig Jeff has sketched up now. I'm not in favor of split rigs on boats this size.

You are dead wrong saying, "the most an improvement in hull design could do is improve very light air performance or maybe reduce the amount of sail area necessary to achieve the same thing it does now ". It's a bit silly to ignore all the improvement in hull desiign that that last 50 years have given us. I could not stay in business if I ignored them.

Jeff and I will proceed with the project and do what we think wil work well while retaining tha character of your boat. No fun in this for Jeff and me if we are going to be anchored in the past. Your boat is a skinny boat and benefits from that lack of beam. But other than that the shape is a pure antique. But it's a nice antique, I like it and I understand why you like it. But this is 2013. Isn't it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bob's Blog ....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook