SailNet Community - View Single Post - Wire my Garage like a Boat?
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013

djaustralia is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to djaustralia
Re: Wire my Garage like a Boat?

I agree with shoalfinder, If your not covering extensive distance then I'd bury pvc pipe and run an extension cord to the garage. Council or builder will need to approve and sign off on the garage so attack it well after all these folk are happy and have left the site. A narrow trench half metre deep should do. you bury to conceal it 'cause it's kinda obvious with a power cord stretched from roof to roof. An overload switch in the garage to be safe and if you ever sell up or have to move then you can simply cut any plugs/fittings and pull the cord out of the pvc pipe. A good trick to connect to the house side is tap into the back of an unused power point wall mount ect. This way it's undetectable and maybe use a fake down pipe to run cord/pvc from house to ground. If an inspector ever needs to see inside the shed just disconnect any power boards and roll the cord up on the floor and throw more cords on top. Or run power into a cupboard in the garage so it can be concealed. Remember thing of this nature are only ever a problem if authorities see it !!!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook