SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
New Pogo 30

This is one of the boats that I was waiting with more interest and even so you have beaten me in what regards posting about it

This boat is so cute:

There will be two keel versions, a swing one and a fixed one:

And the swing keel is great but will make the boat a lot more expensive as well as more complicated. Can also come with a carbon mast or an aluminium one.

Full information here:

Pogo 30 | Chantier naval STRUCTURES, constructeur des voiliers POGO (site officiel) :: STRUCTURES Shipyard, construction of sailing boat POGO (Oficial website)

I think that this line of boats to Pogo will remain in the future has a major point in Jean Marie Finot carrier. It is truly amazing that he remains on top of boat design development at the age of 70. I think he also considers this line of designs one of his major achievements otherwise he would not have choose as his personal cruising boat a Pogo 10.50.

And do you know what he had made: just introduced some alterations on the sail plane to go faster

Note: That is it, I will go cruising for the summer in about 15 days so I really have to stop posting. I need more time to organize my life and sailnet is addictive. So I will stop posting anywhere in sailnet except here and I will restrict drastically my activity here to just some moments at night before I go sailing and then I will just post very occasionally. I will be back with more time in the fall (I hope).

In meantime you all are very welcome to post on this thread. Many recognize not only my work here but the value and quality of many contributors. This thread is about modern design and many here have modern designs and very recent sailingboats. Their information about their boats makes this thread a very useful tool for many while looking for information in what regards choosing and buying a boat.

Many do that, I mean buy new boats using the information on this thread and never post (I know of several cases).

I have a request: If this thread was helpful to you while choosing your boat, please post here after and share with us your impressions. Don't be shy, we all want to know about that and here we like all kinds of new designed cruising and racing boats, ones more than others.

For the ones that are usual contributors, please keep posting and the ones that have new boats, please deliver regular evaluation regarding your boat. sometimes time confirms our first impressions, sometime we find defects we were not expecting, sometimes the boat even turned better than we have hopped to for. I am sure we all want to know about that.

People around this this thread are mostly knowledgeable sailors, some very knowledgeable and that makes your reports on boats even more interesting.

I am specially curious about what Hannah (Steve) will find about his new Boreal 44. I hope not only a report but several. I wish you a good Atlantic crossing and fair winds.

To all, now that the sailing season is starting, fair winds..

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook