SailNet Community - View Single Post - Precision 28
Thread: Precision 28
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013

Precision28 is on a distinguished road
Re: Precision 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmazour View Post
Guess I'll just have to find out myself.
I'm sorry I just saw your post today. Did you look at the boat? I have owned a 1994 P28 since 2004 and have been extremely happy with the boat. The 12HP diesel literally sips fuel and that is good since my marina doesn't handle diesel. I sleep on the boat a lot since I travel about 6 hours to it. I find it to be very comfortable. I have only 2 negatives. The first is that the black water holding tank is small and it seems I am always headed to the pump out station. The second is that the shower floor drain is located in exactly the worst place and it doesn't drain while showering. The boat is a bit tender at the dock because it is pretty light for a 28. The boat sails very well for a crusier like me. In the past I have had some difficulty raising the main. I installed a Strong Track system and it helped some. The guys that did my bottom job last season were out of Missouri and they characterized the turning block arrangement at the base of the mast as just plain weird. I would have to agree. The boat has aged well with normal maintenance and I get lots of compliments. I think Express II was and still is a good investment and I think you could do a lot worse.

Good sailing
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook