SailNet Community - View Single Post - Precision 28
Thread: Precision 28
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013

mmazour is on a distinguished road
Re: Precision 28

Precision 28 thanks for the response.
Where are you at in Missouri?
I did buy the boat. She is very clean on the interior, like new, the PO never stayed on it he only day sailed her. The exterior is in very good condition as well. She is trapped in the marina yard with no access to water to clean with but I did spot clean with a couple gallon jugs of water and I feel safe to say she is going to sparkle with little to no elbow grease, just a jug of boat soap, my deck brush and copious amounts of rinsing.

There is evidence of a little leakage at the aft port cleat, lifeline stanchion and stern pulpit. As well as the Beckson opening ports in the aft berth and head.

Don't know if you noticed my other thread Bedding Deadlights w/ Butyl tape, DC795 and Screws but I am in the process of replacing the deadlights. Does yours have the one piece over two openings? I have to wonder if that is an aftermarket fix.

So any way the plan is to rebed a lot of the ports and deck hardware, replace some of the running rigging(main and jib halyards) and learn how to sail again.

Quote:
I don't think they sold a lot of them, but they seem faster than most that size
Schnool,
In my search for the owners manual I called Precision Boat Works and wound up speaking with the owner. In our conversation he noted that only 200 of the 27 and 28s were built.FWIW

Last edited by mmazour; 04-27-2013 at 11:38 PM. Reason: poor grammar
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook