SailNet Community - View Single Post - Precision 28
Thread: Precision 28
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013

Precision28 is on a distinguished road
Re: Precision 28

Good for you! I don't think you will regret your decision. I have indications of leakage around several lifeline stanchions. Mostly discolored overhead liner. That can be cleaned with bleach by the way. It os Olefin (sic?) which is basically plastic. I have rebedded one stanchion but I am going to redo it using a technique I found on sailboat owners dot com. It involves countersinking the original hole and using the void for extra sealant. Apparantly it is now standard procedure with most new boat builders. At the same time the hole is countersunk you can ckeck for rot and take whatever actions are necessary. No problems with the hardware on the standing rigging.

I had a new bottom job last fall and I had the hull waxed. I mostly use Amazing Rolloff for deck cleaning and I just used Woody wax on the non-skid.

My boat is located in Arkansas on Lake Ouachita near Hot Springs. A crew from around Springfield, Mo comes to our marina to do bottom jobs.

I had biminis done last year. Because of the arrangement of the mainsheet on the P28 it is a two piece design with the front one collapsing for sailing.

My hull number is 108 so my boat was one of the firsts.

Would like to know more about yours.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook