Re: Minimal Electronics reqirements and alternatives
You have asked the "Big Three" questions we have all asked at some time:
1. What is the best set-up?
2. What is the minimum set-up?
3. Okay, ignore questions 1 and 2, I'm really broke- what is the cheapest way to go and can I use stuff on hand?
1. A full SeaTalk instrument suite linked to VHF and SSB and autohelm and radar feeding to an 11" MFD display at helm tied to Standard Horizon plotter, an Ipad for logging, and a 47" OLED flat screen on the bulkhead
2. Minimal Nav/comms- radio, compass, charts, plotting gear, cassette tape tied to the shrouds for wind, sounding lead.
3. I'm no electronics guru. But, I don't see what you can't reconfigure the gear you already have to do a lot of what you want to do, and if it doesn't work, what have you lost?
It's 5 o'clock somewhere:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.