SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Pogos unsuitable for cruising or voyaging.

If you guys want to have some fun you can look in here:

Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat

I have been posting there but I give up

As almost all know Pogo are not my favorite cruising boats, I find them great for the trade winds but that is not what I do and I prefer boats more comfortable upwind at the cost at a more easy and fast downwind sailing.

Even so I am far away from deny the evidence that Pogos are very successful very fast cruising and voyage boats and that there are a lot of sailors for which they are the perfect choice. They are the perfect cruiser for some around here and the long waiting list shows that there are many wanting them.

Besides what concerns voyaging even on the ARC you can find Pogos and most Pogo sailors would stay out of the ARC while crossing the pond.

But evidence and reality seems not be be enough to convince most that on that thread sustain that the Pogo are completely inappropriate to voyage and are not able to carry the load needed for voyaging.... reality apart of course because they voyage and even the small 8.50 have crossed the pond many dozens of times

Meanwhile let's have a look at what the cruising Pogos are about:

"Structures builds fast sailing boats for short-handed offshore sailing.

The team at Structures is comprised of people who are passionate about boats, both racers and cruisers, who have dedicated themselves over the past 15 years to the development and build of these pure modern and enjoyable sailing boats, accessible to all.

The design and development of our boats are “led” by racing:
the search for performance under sail over a very wide wind range, ease of use, technical and material reliability, safety, feel on the helm, stability under autopilot, balance under sail.
Pogos have won a significant number of offshore races including the Mini-Transat, the Transquadra, the Québec Saint-Malo, the Route du Rhum… We are proud of this, as we are of the hundreds of Pogos cruising trouble-free all over the world for the sole pleasure of their owners and their families and friends."

Our concept | Chantier naval STRUCTURES, constructeur des voiliers POGO (site officiel) :: STRUCTURES Shipyard, construction of sailing boat POGO (Oficial website)

If you guys, the ones that charter boats, want to have a blast in one while cruising they are available in Greece, the 12.50 and the 10.50, here:

fastsailing.gr - Pogo 12.50 - European Yacht of the Year 2012! - News

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 04-28-2013 at 12:39 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook