SailNet Community - View Single Post - Great Experience at Bluewater Sailing School and a Happy New Year
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013

Poly0192 is on a distinguished road
Re: Great Experience at Bluewater Sailing School and a Happy New Year

Late review! I took 101, 103 and 104 in Nov 2012 with Blue Water, Ft Lauderdale. I have never sailed before and always wanted to learn. I will admit that I had zero experience with any type of boat other that a major cruise line! Did a lot of research on schools and Blue Water seemed to have the best reviews. As stated, this is not a vacation cruise. I had a great time because I was there to learn and expected to cook, etc. The food was quite good, (I can cook and it seemed the other students could also.) Capt. Jaye lead by example and also cooked a fine meal! Part of the instruction included meal planning for the week. (One of the things I have since learned which I like about Blue Water, is the food was purchased by Blue Water and some other schools add this expense.) Capt. Jaye worked with us and made sure we grasped the concepts and practical aspects of sailing. I do not like taking tests but I was prepared for the ASA tests. Great course and I am planning the cat course hopefully this year. NO, I do not work for Blue Water Sailing School!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook