SailNet Community - View Single Post - Low buck projects- Let's see 'em!
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013

miatapaul is on a distinguished road
Re: Low buck projects- Let's see 'em!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastUndSchotbruch View Post
Don't know what part of the world you are posting from but the automated radio check on Channel 27, sponsored by Sea Tow, is FAR superior to your method. See http://www.seatow.com/boating-safety...d-radio-checks

Where I am (Upper Chessie), they have at least two stations (Annapolis and Great Oaks Landing) that my 20 year old basic VHF reaches.

OK, OK, I admit it is a stretch to call this a 'project' but it is definitely 'low bucks' (free!). I hope pointing out this service out helps someone. If nothing else, it might reduce the stupid radio checks on Ch16 followed by the inevitable admonishments by USCG.

[Note added in proof: Sorry, I have no idea why sailnet mangles the URL. It looks fine when I submit it and I tried to fix it but SN does its mangling. Just google it...]
I was thinking "hey honey go out in the dingy. Keep rowing I want to test the range. Yes, I know your tired, but I have almost finished my beer, I mean Your not quite far enough.... Let me sail the other way for a while and get a real good test of the range."

Of course this could be part of the reason I am getting divorced!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook