SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailrite LSZ-1
Thread: Sailrite LSZ-1
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013

MMR is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MMR
Re: Sailrite LSZ-1

FWIW, I had the opportunity to purchase a used Sailrite machine from a friend a couple of years ago. I had it in the Sailrite shop in Annapolis for cleaning/repair and mentioned that I was considering purchasing the machine. The service rep discouraged me from purchasing that particular older machine because of the upgrades that had been made to the new machines (better reliability, improved functionality, better access for servicing, etc). I ended up not buying a Sailrite, but the issue of reliability/functionality is worth considering.

The Sailrite I borrowed never got through a project without needed a trip to the shop (three trips over the year I had the machine) - I fully admit that it might have been user error, but I had screws work their way out of internal mechanisms and a monster wheel that was too sticky for me to operate. Again, it might just have been a lemon machine - the owner raved about it.

I now use a Necchi that seems to handle all the canvas work we need without too much trouble (StackPack, Dodger and Bimini repair, Winch covers, etc) and it was $350 new.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook