SailNet Community - View Single Post - You are NOT "FISHING"
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013

P424 is on a distinguished road
Re: You are NOT "FISHING"

Years back I was sailing south from Lake Worth Inlet with a wind out of the north making about 3-4 knots down wind beautiful day. I was on the same heading all day BUT there was a fishing Tournament. The wonderful People would pass me trolling and towing kites then cut across my bow. Some so close I could spit in the cockpit. Never saw so many fishing in black slacks and white shirts. I got so bothered by the threats and obcenitees I herd I went bellow and got a pistol. I wasn't going to die for lack of shooting back. I saw the best south Florida had to offer. Why I to this day Stay away from lake worth on a weekend... Never been anywhere someone could blast by you in a 30-50 Fishing boat about 25mph so close I could swing my boom out and kill half the crew.. I realize the channel is tight but it does have a speed other than WFO. You aint lived till you been passed on both sides by boats going opposite directions on plane in the channel from the bridge north of Peanut Island to the cut off for the north anchorage.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook