SailNet Community - View Single Post - Baba 35 vs Tayana 37 vs Hans Christian 38
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013
Bombay Explorer 44

TQA is on a distinguished road
Re: Baba 35 vs Tayana 37 vs Hans Christian 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggles72 View Post
As the starter of this thread I am proud to announce I am the happy owner of a Hans Christian 38 and happy with my decision. If I would do anything differently next time I would buy the HC43 or HC48, but I don't have a lazy 1/4 of a mill in the bank for the 48.

If I had the choice here in Asia I would have looked closely at the Baba/Panda/Tashiba 40 but for the money the HC is hard to beat. I even saw one today asking 35k. For such a fine vessel this is a bargain. That being said and with all teak laden boats you get what you pay for and a 35k boat could turn into an expensive repair job.

My boat had its teak decks professionally redone about 5 years ago, and re-caulked last year. No leaks. The engine and smelly bilge needs a cleanup and eventually a re-power but runs perfectly fine. Just a little smelly inside when under power (might need exhaust inspected)

Shes moored in Thailand where the water is warm and the teak work and labor are very cheap. (By the way teak gets bloody hot in the tropics)

I am wanting to start a blog to share my experiences and photos. Can anybody recommend a good free blog site?

If anyone has any questions I would be happy to help.
Congratulations on your buy. I liked the HC as well.

Re the Blog well I have used google blogger for some 5 years now and am happy with the free service they offer. Your pics end up online too so learn to use Picasa web albums.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook