SailNet Community - View Single Post - St. Michaels
Thread: St. Michaels
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013

T37Chef will become famous soon enough
Re: St. Michaels

I haven't been to St Mikes by boat in a while, doubt much has changed though. Suggestions already made are good ones regarding where to anchor. I only advise not to anchor inside the inlet anywhere near the Inn at Perry's Cabin. It will get to crowded and busy.

As for restaurants:
- The Crab Claw is what it is, usually the crabs are great but this early in the season they are not going to be great anywhere. Keep in mind they only take cash, no CC
- 208 Talbot is perhaps some of the best food in town, excellent chef at the helm
- Blue Crab Coffee is decent for breakfast, although sometimes it seems like the works could use a shot or two of espresso?
- Inn at Perry's Cabin, I wish I could recommend it but they have been in a funk since Mark Salter, the Exec Chef departed a while ago. Maybe worth a shot as I have heard they have hired another new chef?

Not much else to recommend, the Town Dock Restaurant has a nice view, thats about it. My dear friend and colleague Michael Rorke is no longer the owner there and I have not heard a single good thing about the food.

The Acme Market is convenient for restocking supplies

If times allows, I highly recommend you take one night somewhere in the Wye, particularly Dividing Creek this time of year, but keep in mind it does fill fast on a holiday weekend. There are plenty of others coves to choose from though.

The Maritime Museum is wonderful, lots to see and learn about the bay. Spend some time in their restoration boat house if you can.

Have fun, St Michaels is one of our favorite small towns on the bay to visit.

1982 Tartan 37 CB - Hull #358

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook