SailNet Community - View Single Post - Ospreys
Thread: Ospreys
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013
Owned by Velcro

Ferretchaser is on a distinguished road
Re: Ospreys

Well that pile is owned by the marina here and is part of the marina " footprint", but is not used anymore as the floating docks that used to be attached to it are no more. To be honest, at first when I put that frame on it I did not ask for permission and got into a bit of trouble with the manager of this place as she is not one for things to do with nature. To shut her up I offered to buy the pile, if she could clear it with her boss. That was the end of that argument. Now that there are eggs in it, it is protected by law and no one can take the nest down, even if they wanted to. I did not know all this when I put the frame on there and to be honest, I don't really give a hoot as long as those two birds make it through with their offspring. Sometimes it is better to ask for foriveness then to ask for permission. Just my way of thinking I guess.
Thank you for the link plumbean. Some interesting stuff there.
I'll keep you guys updated once there are any news with the kidds.

ATB

Michael
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook