SailNet Community - View Single Post - NE Insurance Rates - Reasonable?
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013
Blue Horizons

Harborless is on a distinguished road
Re: NE Insurance Rates - Reasonable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsailor View Post
How did this work out for you? Seems $170.00 for liability is much more reasonable than my policy.
They wanted the survey done out of water by a professional surveyor, no deal.
BoatUS no survey but 1800 annual
and that's the point im trying to make. people are trying to make it impossible for people to have freedom without wealth.
My boat is 27 ft and over 30 yrs old, its just ridiculous im treated like a freighter or something.
Is it so wrong to want to sail exotic and remote places to find peace and happiness? FFS im sorry im not waiting around twenty years to have the cash you type-minded people want me to have.
I am sorry the law have become what they are, the world is become an over regulated mad house bur with an exploding global population and increasing competition between nations for resources what is one to expect? Yet I will not willingly comply by abiding the norm and sacrificing MY LIFE to toil for enough wealth to afford every safety net or insurance most of yu refuse to leave the dock without.
Also I totally get where your coming frm. If I DID stay around have a career save up and get a 50 100 or more thousand dollar boat I would be very apprehensive about someone like me. But im not waiting, I apologize for going against the grain.
Im leaving while I still can. Ill try my very best not to hit anyone on the way out.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook