SailNet Community - View Single Post - You are NOT "FISHING"
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013
Closet Powerboater

MedSailor is on a distinguished road
Re: You are NOT "FISHING"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeB View Post
Who here has a black ball and for those who do, how many display it?
HA! I do! I love displaying my inflatable black ball. It makes me feel oh-so-smug in my seamanship....

Of course I should probably leave out the part whereby I've been flying it in the midships rigging for several years but it is actually supposed to be in the forward rigging. I would also probably look better to the peanut gallery if I didn't tell you about the dozen or so times that I've gotten underway with it still up. Now to "idiot proof it" I shackle the downhaul to my anchor chain so that when it fouls my windlass as I raise the anchor I remember to take it down.

Still love flying that puppy. Makes a conversation starter sometimes. Most people think it's a radar reflector, or ask what it is.

Now if we're being REALLY picky, I'll ask who among us flys the required downward facing cone during the day when we're motorsailing? I'd bet a beer that even Jackdale doesn't do that.

MedSailor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have a sauna on my boat, therefore I win.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by MedSailor; 05-01-2013 at 10:54 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook