SailNet Community - View Single Post - NE Insurance Rates - Reasonable?
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: NE Insurance Rates - Reasonable?

I just paid my premium and couldn't help but think of how much was related to the fact that others don't pay for insurance. Thanks for that. I suppose I should help myself to something of yours, next time I see you.

I will need to ask, but I've never heard of uninsured boater coverage. Ironic that someone without insurance is explaining how insurance works.

If one does not insure damage to their own hull and another boater damages it, I do not believe the injured party can make some uninsured boater claim. The offending boater is liable. If they don't have insurance, you'll have to sue for a judgement, which you would get with minimal effort. One can rightfully decide if they do not want to be insured against damaging their own boat, but its both reckless and irresponsible to ignore your liability to others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook