SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cruiser
Thread: Cruiser
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013

Woodvet is on a distinguished road
Re: Cruiser

It matters little to not... I think of live-aboards as people solving a housing problem with a boating problem. Many harbors can't offer berths because of unseaworthy, unsavory and even shiftless people who have nothing better to do but pretend they have or are going to sea. Then there are veterans who know all too well whats out there and can't be bothered with it. Even so, they keep their boat in good nick just in case they ever do.
The world is filled with clubs and qualifications and frankly many of those aren't the kind you find paint under their fingernails or calluses on their hands. Plenty of pukes sail all day and have no love for the sea. I've even met mental and physical chaps who can't sail at all but are most worthy of attention. You can't pigeon hole people. Age, countries sailed and so just divides us up and there be too much of that already. Five sailors have six opinions so beware of all advise where ever you locate it and as far as a yarn goes, well,,, I think it's just part of the whole mystique of sailing.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook