SailNet Community - View Single Post - NE Insurance Rates - Reasonable?
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013
If it's blowin' I'm goin'

TakeFive will become famous soon enough
Re: NE Insurance Rates - Reasonable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimsCAL View Post
...for anyone with assets, not carrying liability insurance is stupid.
True. And for anyone with no assets to lose, not carrying liability insurance is someone else's problem.

I read through his attempt to justify his choice not to spend $168.93 a year on insurance, and it comes across to me as a bunch of self-pitying excuses. If this guy were to cause damage to someone else's property, I suspect that we'd hear a bunch of similar excuses why he doesn't have to pay. Or more likely, he'd flee and not be heard from again.

I just wonder how the marina is willing to have him. What policy did he give them when he rented his slip?

I respect his past service to our country, but that's about where my respect stops. I mean, pay for the damn haulout and insurance surveys (those are one-time costs that can be amortized over the life of the boat) and get on with it, for chrissake. $168.93 a year, and he's not willing to pay. I don't get it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook