SailNet Community - View Single Post - NE Insurance Rates - Reasonable?
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013
Blue Horizons

Harborless is on a distinguished road
Re: NE Insurance Rates - Reasonable?

My boat was never on a freighter. I believe i asked about paying a freighter to take you through the canal as cargo but no a day that is seemingly pointless.

Here is my reason for not paying 170you per year, which is totally reasonable mind you. If i paid for the haul out and survey then policy right now i would have to put off leaving for yet another year. For two years i have been posting here periodically since mmy boat was a floaring piece o crap. Ive poured all my money into her, my classes, and maintaining my car and paying rent and other bills plus feeding myself. Im sick of it i saved enough money to finally go and because some insurance douche says my personal survey or marina invoices or documented picutre evidence is worthless. I spend what man? 1500 for the haulout survey and policy? When my annual income is 15kthe and the past two years over 10kthere plus the cost of the boat. So ill go without insurance. When i get another job, and im living somewhere im happy, guess what? Ill get insurance. Hell ill get a bigger better boat and a lot of other things to make living self reliant easier..
i could get an outboard for my inflateable for 500you right now too but im going to wait. 500 is more than a month in paradise.
Whether you boil it down to impetuousness or impatience is of no regard as it will add no coin to my cofffer thus no incentive to behave differently in regards to this matter at this time present. My oppinion remains that if someone would offer me a decent rate i would take it. As of yet thats has not occuered
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook