SailNet Community - View Single Post - Rainy days suck!
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Re: Rainy days suck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by travlineasy View Post
Brian,

It may be rainy season in Marathon, but that rain will soon be gone, the temperatures will be back to the 80s, and if the wind dies down to normal, head out through Sister Creek and over to the mooring balls at Sombrero Light and take the kids snorkeling. Hey, the visibility there may only be about 30 to 40 feet, but that's a whole lot better than the 3 to 4-inch visibility in Chesapeake Bay. And, the last time I looked, there were a fair number of yellowtail snappers lurking around the fishing reef just a quarter-mile from the light. Sure would be fun for the kids, and of course the adults, to catch a mess of yellowtail, fire up the grill and have them for supper. OH YEAH!

Good Luck,

Gary

HA! Absolutely. And the kids keep reminding me of that too!

We have actually been to Marathon several times (though this is the first time to stay at Boot Key, always stayed at Marathon Marina).

I told the attendants at the City Marina you said hi. They remembered you and said to say hi back. That that would make you smile.

Brian

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook