SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013

Brent Swain is on a distinguished road
Re: Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfenzee View Post
Considering how much people put into boats, not only financially but of themselves, it is surprising the amount of dissatisfaction in what they have, for a number of reasons [1] people only have what they could afford and will settle for it till they can do better, [2] a marketing industry and/or culture that leads people to believe they NEED what is beyond their grasp (there is always something better) [3] Just an overall not being able to be happy with what you've got. I am extremely happy with my boat, this thread is a spin-off of a question I posed to Bob asking how the keel/rudder configuration could be done differently on the hull I have. What has resulted has actually been an incredibly informative thread on hull design which is also starting in on rig design. I would like to find an accurate # for my angle of vanishing stability (the only calculators I have tried put it at between 165degrees and 183degrees) I can give more specs to anyone who can figure that.
165 to 183 degrees sounds about par for those older , deep, narrow boats.