SailNet Community - View Single Post - My last little bit of planning
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013

jackdale will become famous soon enough
Re: My last little bit of planning

You will need to clear customs and immigration. I would go to Sidney or Bedwell (CBSA Office - Detailed Information). At Sidney go to the customs dock (blue signs) at either Port Sidney (CBSA Office - Detailed Information) or Van Isle (gas dock) (CBSA Office - Detailed Information) and phone in.

Only the skipper is allowed ashore.

You will require
your passport(s)
ships papers
names, addresses, birthdates and citizenship of all aboard.

Be aware that certain items cannot be brought into Canada.
(bsf5082: Visitors to Canada and other Temporary Residents)

Quote:
Private boats

If you arrive in Canada aboard a private boat, you must proceed directly to the nearest designated telephone reporting marine site. Upon arrival in Canada, the master of the boat must report to the CBSA by calling 1-888-226-7277. The master of the boat will provide details of the voyage, the passengers and their declaration. No one except the master may leave the boat until authorized to do so by the CBSA. As proof of presentation, masters will be provided with a report number for their records. Masters must provide this number to a border services officer upon request. You do not have to report to the CBSA when you leave by private boat unless you are exporting goods that need to be documented. To get a list of the designated telephone reporting marine sites, call 1-888-226-7277 before you arrive in Canada.
IYT Yachtmaster Coastal Instructor
As I sail, I praise God, and care not. (Luke Foxe)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook