SailNet Community - View Single Post - Name this prop
Thread: Name this prop
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013
Once known as Hartley18

Classic30 will become famous soon enough Classic30 will become famous soon enough
Re: Name this prop

Wow!! Thanks, Fst.. It does look like it's a Seahawk 6000.

The prop is a few years old now and is in excellent condition. Love it! Everyone should have one. I had originally thought it was a Seahawk but, like Windward, thought they only manufactured in stainless. The stuff you learn on Sailnet.

I need to take it off to get at the stern-tube and then put it back on again afterwards. Have downloaded the instructions from the link you posted and it all makes sense, although dislodging the crustaceans after years of residence to get at those tiny hex screws will be interesting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstbttms View Post
The nuts secure the pitch adjustment screws and have nothing to do with the removal of the prop.
Right there is a good reason to read the instructions first - because I would have waded in and stuffed the lot!..

Thanks all for your input.

Cheers,
Cameron

Last edited by Classic30; 05-03-2013 at 12:53 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook