SailNet Community - View Single Post - Is Sailing Sexist?
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: Is Sailing Sexist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bljones View Post
Hardly- substitute my name, or minnewaska, or, hell, Larry Ellison, and the point remains the same. One of those names on the list is male, and one of those names hasn't circumnavigated and those names are the same.
I still don't get it. If I list three random male circumnavigators and one random female who hasn't, all that points out is the individual that hasn't. A personal slam. Nothing to do with gender equality or inequality.

Nevertheless, I will repeat that sailing is not sexist. Females can sail. Males can sail. The relative strength, skill and aptitude of the individual is what separates them, not gender. Individuals are, however, sexist.

NFL football is sexist and there is no equality in interest to participate.

I remain curious as to the proportion of males vs. females that have an interest to participate in sailing, if there were no other boundaries. Instinct doesn't count here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook