SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013

Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about
Re: Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat

Paulo,

When it comes to our personal preferences you and I are roughly in the same place. One of my objectives for this exercise is to show a bit about how a design can evolve as we look at the potential owners for the boat. We started with a design which would have been an anachronism if built today, and modified it purposefully bearing mind that the owner of the precident design loves his boat so the changes were intentionally only modest improvements.

This current evolution is still intentionally conservative. It should retain many of the virtues of the older design, while responding to a more modern audience.

Ultimately, I would like to finish this design to a relatively complete level of design, perhaps adding an interior plan once Bob and I wrap up the lines drawings. Then I would like to take the same general displacement and ballast ratio, and design the boat that I would build if I were doing this for myself. (Roughly 38 feet, and a few feet wider)

You and I have talked about the fact that a boat which is long for its displacement can still have all the amenities and virtues of a smaller boat for its weight. I think if successful, this design evolution should help illustrate that point.

Jeff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Curmudgeon at Large- and rhinestone in the rough, sailing my Farr 11.6 on the Chesapeake Bay

Last edited by Jeff_H; 05-03-2013 at 11:50 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook