SailNet Community - View Single Post - Looking at a boat tomorrow
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013

tommays will become famous soon enough
Re: Looking at a boat tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckmeans View Post
Well, i just looked at the boat....From a distance, it looked terrific! As I got closer, the deck was real warn down...I've never seen a topside of a boat in such bad shape....I suppose that's nothing a coat of paint couldn't fix though...All the lines and rigging were in fair shape....Down below, the cabin needed a real good cleaning...The only issue is that the carpet on the sides of the hull had been ripped off in spots and was down to the fiberglass....That is an easy cosmetic problem to fix....

Ran the motor for about 15 minutes, no obvious problems with that....

The boat has been in the water all winter, so it's got a ton of growth on the bottom, so it needs to be hauled....

Anyway, the most concerning thing here is the deck being as warn down as it is i guess...

I didn't expect a boat in good condition, but this might be more of a project than I'm willing to take on right now...
While insurance tends to bring up rather harsh emotions IF your planning on getting it in any meaningful way a survey will be required and its pretty unlikely the boat will pass as it sits

The company's that allow self-survey will disallow a claim found to be caused by a deficiency

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1981 J24 Tangent 2930
Tommays
Northport NY

If a dirty bottom slows you down what do you think it does to your boat
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook