SailNet Community - View Single Post - Seatalk to Seatalk NG
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: Seatalk to Seatalk NG

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeelHaulin View Post
Has anyone done a Seatalk/SeatalkNG instrument installation? My wind system and plotter/radar is seatalk; the Autopilot head is seatalk NG. I'm looking at the various installation configurations that Raymarine shows but it seems like the best way would be to use SeatalkNG to connect to the course computer and then adapt to get Seatalk data at the control head. I plan on using the adapter cable do this (an NG cable with seatalk on the other end); or do I need the "Seatalk to NG adapter kit" (5-port NG connector with seatalk input). Ideally I'd like to be able to set course via either wind instruments or sailing to a waypoint on the plotter. Is another option to connect the seatalk instruments to the course computer in parallel since it has both seatalk and NG inputs? I have an extra long seatalk cable I could do this with if needed.
Which specific instruments do you have besides the x5 ? Which Chartplotter?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook