Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Barnegat Bay, NJ
Thanked 56 Times in 52 Posts
Rep Power: 12
Re: Looking at a boat tomorrow
We now return to our previously interrupted program...
OK, a couple of practical questions:
- How much money do you realistically have to spend -- now and over the course of the summer?
- Work back from there -- how much money do you have to buy a boat and how much money do you have to fix it up, rent a slip/mooring, store it in the winter, etc.? Take whatever number is in your head for fixing up a boat and double it. Take the number of hours you think it will take to fix up a boat and triple it.
- How much are you going to have to spend toward your wedding, honeymoon, new living arrangements, etc.
- Is you new bride on board with this idea?
- Is she on board with the idea that you'll be spending all of your free time fixing up the boat and not with her?
- Is she a sailor?
- Will this be a project you do together? If you think it will does she know that?
95 Catalina 30 Island Time
“The sail, the play of its pulse so like our own lives: so thin and yet so full of life, so noiseless when it labors hardest, so noisy and impatient when least effective." - Henry David Thoreau