Re: Looking at a boat tomorrow
We now return to our previously interrupted program...
OK, a couple of practical questions:
- How much money do you realistically have to spend -- now and over the course of the summer?
- Work back from there -- how much money do you have to buy a boat and how much money do you have to fix it up, rent a slip/mooring, store it in the winter, etc.? Take whatever number is in your head for fixing up a boat and double it. Take the number of hours you think it will take to fix up a boat and triple it.
- How much are you going to have to spend toward your wedding, honeymoon, new living arrangements, etc.
- Is you new bride on board with this idea?
- Is she on board with the idea that you'll be spending all of your free time fixing up the boat and not with her?
- Is she a sailor?
- Will this be a project you do together? If you think it will does she know that?
95 Catalina 30 Island Time
“Only two sailors, in my experience, never ran aground. One never left port and the other was an atrocious liar" - Don Bamford