SailNet Community - View Single Post - 700% increase in Insurance!
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013
Sundance 23

carl762 is on a distinguished road
Re: 700% increase in Insurance!

That's bloody insane. My rates went up a couple bucks at renewal. My Safeco policy is $27/month with a $500,000 liability, full replacement cost (only a $4,000 boat, $1,000 motor, $1,000 trailer, and lots of stuff). My primary insurance company for the home, car and boat, with $500,000 liability, basically same things as Safeco, is even less.

I'm in imminent huge earthquake country, and if the Bonneville Dam collapses, all the boats on the Columbia will be floating garbage.

Look for another insurance company if, after you talk to your agent about the 700% increase, things don't get more reasonable. I'm hoping this was a mistake.

I work in the legal field, and I despise insurance companies. They'll expend tens of thousands of dollars just to not pay a $2,600 claim. Insane. There definitely needs to be some legislative action to control the out-of-control insurance companies. They, like the oil industry, pretty much have ruined this Country.

I don't even want to go into the medical industry. And, next year, we get ObamaCare.

Please keep us posted. Having insurance for a boat is very important.

Last edited by carl762; 05-03-2013 at 08:58 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook