SailNet Community - View Single Post - Production Boats and the Limits
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Production Boats and the Limits

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucklesR View Post
I find it very odd that you have Endeavor's as 'use with caution' and Pearson's as 'premium' blue water.

Been on both (P 365 and E 42 CC), you've got it backward.

Then again, you are calling Morgan's 'premium' and Irwin's 'use with caution', sort of throws the entire accuracy of the list out the window.

Smack, you've got to incorporate size and year built - otherwise the whole idea of quantifying and qualifying boats as BW is frankly BS.
A couple of things...

1. This is not really "my" list. It's gleaned from the general discussions I've seen on the various forums for these boats.
2. I honestly don't think it has to be as complicated as size/year/etc. This is a very general list of brands broken into categories that I've seen them placed in over the years by such discussions.

For example, I too have sailed a P365 quite a bit actually. And it sure seems like a very solid boat that could handle pretty much anything. And they've been held out as great, tough boats in discussions. And though I've never sailed the E42 - I've seen people talk about the build quality of Endeavors (in general) as on par with Gulfstars, etc. But I don't recall ever seeing them held out as "premium production boats".

Maybe it would make more sense to move the Pearson to that non-premium category?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Last edited by smackdaddy; 05-03-2013 at 11:23 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook