View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013

Group9 is on a distinguished road
Re: Production Boats and the Limits

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
on its ear?

well know it is on the other ear

The boat is surfing waves with some lateral component and that introduces a controllable rolling movement. That is not a performance boat and it is doing 9/10K. On your picture the wake of the boat is pretty small. What is the speed?

Regards

Paulo
It's hard to take 2D pictures that show waves true size. Two years ago, we were sailing across the toungue of the ocean, from Chub Cay to Nassau and were in some true 15 foot seas, with an occassional 20 foot roller. They crests were really far apart and it was actually a very pleasant sail (and I thought it was fun). The only time I was concerned was entering the west entrance to Nassau with the seas breaking across the entrance. My wife must have taken a hundred pictures of the waves to show people. When we printed them out, they looked like they were about three feet tall. My mother-in-law looked at them and said, I've seen bigger waves than that on the sound.

"Best thing to do is get her out on the ocean. If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there." Captain Ron Rico
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook