SailNet Community - View Single Post - Is Sailing Sexist?
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013
Move over Joan Rivers!

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough
Re: Is Sailing Sexist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal Paradise View Post
Had to rig my boat today. That mast is HEAVY. Earlier I had to clean the bilge and paint it. Disgusting. Then I was under the boat epoxing up cracks in the keel gelcoat. Messy and smelly. I will be doing more jobs that take muscle power, determination and focus. All to get the sailboat rigged and set in her slip. I had my wife and one other guy working with me today. The wife tries but she really isn't strong. I really needed someone with MUSCLE.

Babies are heavy, laundry is heavy, cleaning up after a man is disgusting messy and smelly! Wife will make all the things nice, cook, clean YOUR mess, take your attitude with silence and continue to love you. (beats me why)

We have always been 50-50 paertners on our boats. But they are mine. I'm sure my wife can use the tiller just fine once we are sailing. I'm sure she can sheet the main. Yippeee. The boat will be mine because of the work I've done on her.
You never planned to share another lady (your boat) with your wife

Is the fact that I have to lift a heavy mast or scrape and paint sexist? I think not.
No.. it's your thinking that is from caveman 101

It just is. Men were the small engines of the world 100 years ago.
Ever see a lions pride? don't ever mess with the ladies. (Lioness's)
Jus

my current "project"!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by deniseO30; 05-04-2013 at 08:44 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook