SailNet Community - View Single Post - My last little bit of planning
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013
first sailed january 2008

northoceanbeach is on a distinguished road
Re: My last little bit of planning

I will. I'm heading to Friday harbor today. I didn't get hardly any food. It's alway hard to decide what to bring on "camping" type trips.

The solar panel is charging. I think it will take some time to get the battery topped off. My circuit panel has a control box with a switch for battery test. It's yellow on the bottom half and almost but not quite at the top of the yellow there is a bar. Then the top half is green. Where would a fully topped battery fall. So far it's always between the yellow bar and just touching the green. After sitting on the bar and charging for five hours it hit the green. Then I charged mt phone and now it is halfway between green and bar.

Second question thy has come up. I know I've talked about anchoring before but now that j am doing it. I thought I would have obvious wind or current. Point into that and then back down on the anchor, but the bays(fishermans) are so protected that I just float. Which way to set the anchor?

I sailed from harbor to harbor getting to Lopez. That made me happy. I want to 'sail' as much ad possible. It took 9 hours to mackaye harbor from port Townsend and 33.97 miles with the tacking. Glad I didn't leave later in the day because everyone told me five hours max. I think they motor more.

Last edited by northoceanbeach; 05-05-2013 at 02:13 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook