SailNet Community - View Single Post - Norfolk island
Thread: Norfolk island
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013
1982 Skye 51

obelisk is on a distinguished road
Re: Norfolk island

I spent 4 fantastic days there in early-Nov. 2012, just a few weeks before you!, albeit in very settled weather. We spent the first day in Cascade Bay and then moved around to Ball Bay for the next three. Landing the dinghy was much more difficult there but it was great holding and very minimal swell. I was nervous at first about the weather but I watched carefully for changes and went back to the boat a couple times a day to check on things. The people are so friendly that I never had trouble getting a ride there or back. However, I was a bit surprised by the number of tourists. When weather approached, I bailed for NZ. There are four anchorages, one on each side of the island, and it is possible to move to stay in the lee but I was not interested in being chased around the island. Friday and Staurday nights are very festive with the majority of the locals staying out till all hours!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by obelisk; 05-05-2013 at 01:37 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook