Originally Posted by Reefpoints
Mold!?!? Really! How the heck does that grow on the outside of a boat? I thought mold/mildew like cool damp places. The topside gets all kinds of UV and heat which I thought fungus didn't like.
I believe you, but wow - I just never would've figured. Thank you very much for the guidance!
Denise is right....mold.
Right now, get in your car and find the nearest "Dollar Store". They're practically on every street corner here in Florida.
Go to their spray cleaner section and buy a couple of bottles of "AWESUM CLEANER". Yep. yellow liquid. This will set you back all of 99 cents a bottle.
Spray on the mold, let sit a minute and wipe off. EZPZ. This stuff is highly concentrated citric acid. Totally biodegradeable. I've been using it on gelcoat for years. Warning, if you let it sit on painted areas, it will remove the paint.
This stuff was made to clean gelcoat... just sayin..