SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster View Post
The Friendships are gorgeous.. not doubt.

The Surfari??? In any kind of sunny weather that things going to be growing beefsteak tomatoes like crazy. I'd expect that entire 'house' (aka greenhouse) is going to have to be shrouded even though it's open-backed. In the concept drawings, at least, the forward panels don't appear to open... Not one for the tropics... Not a bad looking hull, though, is it?

Yes, I don't like the transom design (sharp angles on the corners) but the hull seems a fast one to me and probably the boat is an overall better performance sailboat than a Friendship of the same size and it is also a motorsailor with all advantages.

It is an interesting concept ( to me the "house" seems closed by sliding doors) and I agree in what regards green house effect. Even with modern materials that reflect most of the sun heat they would have to be running the AC all the time buy maybe that is not a problem, the boat is a coastal one and has obviously the tankage and space for a big genset. The fact is that probably rich guys, the ones that like motor boats, would prefer to do that and enjoy the global view anyway: " an unique boat".

It would be easy to transform that boat in an interesting offshore more eco friendly version and also one much more pleasing to the eyes, but that was not for what the boat was designed for: I bet show off is an important design criteria, I mean, in what regards to impress friends on "pick-nicks".

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook