SailNet Community - View Single Post - Tips For Compound, Polish & Wax
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013

T37Chef will become famous soon enough
Re: Tips For Compound, Polish & Wax

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucklesR View Post
where, who, what, really?????
I spent 100 just on frigging compound, and mine looks like what I'm seeing here.
I'll pony up the bucks next time and get a good foundation.
Chuckles,

The person I hired is Mike Collinson, "Top Notch" Mobile Marine 443-983-3206 or collinsonmike1@ gmail.com. He is a young guy whom I think is trying to start up a business of his own. He used to work at Pleasure Cove Marina (where Cheshire Crab is located). I observed him and his crew do a 45' Motor Yacht before I spoke with him, they did a great job on his so I got the estimate on the spot. They attached that thing like a swam of bees.

He did my boat by himself. He first cleaned it, then used 3M Compound, a commercial grade of Finesse II, and followed up with wax (I cant remember what wax he used?). He spent the better part of the day there while I did final engine hook up etc etc.

All in all, it was worth it this year. It doesn't match the results some are getting with Maine Sails how to, but time was not in my favor this year

Any shine I can get on a 30+ year hull I'll take it. The bad patch work done where the colors don't match is only notable when on land, cant tell when its in the water so I'm happy. Hey my hull looks better than a lot of others. Now onto the teak!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook