SailNet Community - View Single Post - Is the C&C 30 MK1 a capible offshore boat?
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013
First String

ltgoshen is on a distinguished road
Re: Is the C&C 30 MK1 a capible offshore boat?

O.K well here we go. I have committed deb and I to a 2 night 3 day sail on the upcoming Memorial day weekend. It will be around 70 miles and we will dock the first night on Hilton head at the marina. Hilton Head Harbor
from there we will head out to the THE BLUE BOUNDARY separating Hilton Head Island from the mainland is a wide, sweeping waterway named Calibogue Sound. The sound is melded from the confluence of Mackay Creek, May River, Cooper River, Broad Creek, and six tributaries on Hilton Head Island. Deep and 13 miles long, this waterway curves like the body of a dolphin and connects the Atlantic Ocean with Port Royal Sound. It is a place of history and natural wonders, beckoning discovery.
From there we will head to the Freeport Marina on Dafuskie. This Island in only accessable by boat. It was named by the slaves of the time they called it "the first key" or DAFUSKIE.
We will leave there and head out to the Ocean at tybee roads the shipping channel for the Savannah river and make out turn northwest. Our praviling wind should be from the south putting us wind on wing or a broad reach. We will then make our way to the bell marker "G" at martins industry and make our way back in to the port Royal sound "Back in familure waters. Hope to be on a incoming tide where the 10 miles back home will be a brease.
thanks so much to all you guys for helping and guiding a newby in this process. I'm excited to get out there. I fear if I did not have yall guideing me along it would have taken years to prepair for this trip.[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by ltgoshen; 05-06-2013 at 09:34 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook