SailNet Community - View Single Post - Performance Cruisers and Racer/Cruisers
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013

SchockT is on a distinguished road
Re: Performance Cruisers and Racer/Cruisers

Quote:
Originally Posted by blt2ski View Post
SHock,

My wife is teh same as yours. DOes not really like the layout of the 36.7, but does like the ones on the jeanneau's. If you can afford right now that sf35 for sale near you, go buy it! That would be my first choice of a 35' boat that I know I could fine, with the sf37 behind it. I can think of a few others I would prefer over the sf37, unless I could fine one cheap, and do some rerigging of it, ie a mast 3-5' taller to get it some more power, posibly even redesign the keel a bit too. I think the big key why the sf37 is probably the better cruiser per say, is it does have a deeper hull than the 35. Hence why also the 35 is a shade quicker than the 37, along with a whopping inch or two more WL. So the 37 will have a bit more carry capacity than the 35.

Marty
Yeah we both really like the Jeanneaus. I particularly like the "garage" storage that the 37 has on the port side, accessed through the shower stall. It is a huge space that would be ideal for extra sails, kayak and snorkel gear, etc. (do you know if the 35 has that?)
Unfortunately we are not in a position to snap up that SF35 right now. The wife says we can't get a new boat until we sell our 2nd house. (can you believe how unreasonable wives can be? )
Although we have zeroed in on the Jeanneaus, I wouldn't want to overlook some other good options. It is always good to be informed on what is out there. You never know when one of those rare gems might show up on the market, and it would be unfortunate to miss out on it when it did.
The Dufours look like nice boats. You don't see too many of them around here. The wife does not like the linear galleys that Dufour and Bavaria seem to be so fond of.
Hull#101
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook