SailNet Community - View Single Post - 2013 Sailing Season
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013
美國佬

willyd is on a distinguished road
Re: 2013 Sailing Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
The weatherman is surely doing drugs. The forecast was backwards for the weekend.

We sailed over to the Corsica with two other boats in the club and saw only 7-12 till we hit the Chester River. From their we saw a steady 18 with gusts to 25 all the way up to the Corsica.
I anchored on the Corsica as well. I got hit with the gusty stuff Saturday afternoon just after rounding Love Point and beat into the wind for two hours until rounding the corner off of Eastern Neck. I tried to make it into Reed Creek, but after running aground and dark falling, I headed into the Corsica, which is barely marked. After the terns woke me up, I saw a skipjack-looking boat leave around 7:00. I left close to 8:00, got back to Love Point around 10:00 with great wind, donated my spinnaker pole to Neptune right at the yellow mark just as the wind died, then took until 4:00 to get to and back up the Severn, at which point the wind decided to blow again with some consistency.

Took some videos, here.

Oh, and I had some cold chicken, a carrot, and an Insanely Bad Elf Imperial Red Ale for dinner.