SailNet Community - View Single Post - My Liveaboard Cruising experience with Offshore Sailing School
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013

fendertweed is on a distinguished road
Re: My Liveaboard Cruising experience with Offshore Sailing School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smier View Post
Thanks for posting about your trip! I just signed my wife and myself up for a 4 day live-aboard course on the Chesapeake Bay this summer. This is only our second sailing season, and my wife is very intimidated by sailboats... She likes boats and the water, but her lack of knowledge and experience on a sailboat makes her nervous. I figured 4 solid days with an experienced instructor would teach us both more than I was able to teach her all of last season. She also agreed that she needed to know at least the basics in case something were to happen to me while we are out on the water.
Knowing my wife, I think(and hope) that she will love sailing after she gets some experience under her belt, and if that happens, it will be money well spent!!! I also have realized my "learn by mistake" self-teaching method has not helped her comfort level...
please report back after your course, OK?

I'm in a similar situation, I have years of experience but would benefit from this course, my wife has far less and needs to build confidence & skills... I'm thinking of getting her on the course with me in '14 or '15.

Thanks,
Jon

Pearson 26 #1200
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook