SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013

robelz is on a distinguished road
Re: Jpk

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
Jean Pierre Kelbert (JPK) is a fascinating guy and one of the more knowledgeable boat builders I know. He does not only build performance boats and racers from many years as he was himself and accomplished solo racer besides he is used to tailor made rigs to the needs of each top racer (solo) or crew.

He can not only make anything you want as he can give you valuable advice about everything that is sailing boat related. You will understand better your needs how they can be satisfied and the better options regarding the boat, keel and rigging options after talking to him.

He is a passionate guy and someone with whom it is a pleasure to talk too. If you are interested in the 38 or that kind of boat I advise you to contact him and go to Lorient to have a talk with him. Even if you don't buy a boat the talk what what you are going to learn from him deserves the voyage.

He will explain everything about the different keel options. I suspect that they are not making more /or any 38 with a swing keel due to extra costs. probably that will add 20 0000 euros to the boat price.

And if you go there, please post here what you have learned

Regards

Paulo
My GF spent half a year in Nantes for a study exchange program and desires to go back there on vacation maybe next year. I told her, that the only possibility to go there is taking me with her and visit Jean-Pierre. I am so curious about this guy after reading what you say about him (and said often before as far as I remember). The 38 FC seems to be a little underpowered in light airs but otherwise a perfect compromise for me especially with the low draft twin keel.

Why isn't there any (real) test on this boat that is at least BOTY in France...? I did not even find a polar...

I am so grateful for you posting here. I learned so much the last months.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook