SailNet Community - View Single Post - Increase in the number of Moderators
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013

chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough
Re: Increase in the number of Moderators

Having served a sentence as mod at Anything-Sailing for a 2+ year stint I can tell you it's not fun. I started by trying to read every post on every thread, that lasted a couple months until 'business' picked up.
If any of you seriously expect a volunteer moderator to do that I'd like some of what you are smoking. If an offensive posts gets missed hit the report button and give a mod a hand.
I quit posting to anything but sailing threads for a reason - that other stuff consumes too much of my time and contributes too much to levels of animosity I just don't need. I'm able to discern pretty quickly in 'real' life who I can safely discuss various topics with and not have it degenerate into a name calling slap down contest.
Here, I want opinions and facts on matters pertaining to sailing. I can't afford to have a single possibly well informed and well communicated fact not be submitted because I called the potential poster a wanker in a off topic thread.

- EVERYONE: seriously, if you think we need more moderators then the moderation should start prior to clicking "Post", quit expecting someone else to tidy up behind us.
It's summer in most of the user's world (not counting you Aussies). Use it for sailing.